The recipes below have been some of my favorites, I have recreated them in my own kitchen many times using different ingredients and putting my own spin on them. But for simplicity I have selected a few from the wholefoods advocates that have love and respect. I wanted to pay it forward and show case some of their work here. I have hand picked a few I think everyone should try! If you like what you see check out their individual websites and get a copy of their books!
Note: I do not have any affiliate or endorsements with any of the following blogs or products. Just a love for what they do and wanted to share it with you all.
A LITTLE PREPARING GOES A LONG WAY
If you take 60 – 90 minutes to do this on Sunday your dinners through out the week will take no time to make!
1. Grate or use food processor – 1 head of cauliflower
2. Slice 4 bell peppers , 1 onion, 1 clove garlic, 1 head of broccoli, 2 zucchinis, and add 1 package snow peas. ( keep in container or zip lock)
3. Hard boil 12 eggs
4. Cook 2 – 3 cups rice ( any kind your choice) If you are following a low carb dinner use this rice for you lunches.
5. Bake whole yams I use this recipe stupid easy perfectly cooked sweet potato by paleOMG.com
6. Make Shredded chicken in crock pot Or put in Tue am so its ready for Tue dinner
7. Make Beef patties ( Note: Double recipe use 4 lbs beef and omit brown sugar) and freeze or buy already made all beef patties ( gluten free no fillers or spices added)
8. Chop Root Veggies ( Carrots, beets, parsnips, turnip or rutabaga) & Roast with coconut oil 375 until soft. ( or you can leave them in your fridge chopped and roast on Wednesday.
9. BBQ Steaks and keep in fridge or keep prawns in fridge for stir fry later You will need this for MOnday Dinner
10. Pre mix a bowl of Chia pudding make as much as you want!
11. Slice strawberries, kiwi, or any fruit keep in container in fridge
12. Bake these Flourless Almond Apple Muffins – they freeze great!
13. Chop Veggies – Like cucumber, celery, radish, carrots – This will be left raw in fridge grab use as a grab and go snack with hummus !
14. Grill or pan fry 6 – 7 gluten free sausages with no sugar or nitrates or MSG ( I like masters meats super close to bedrock) You will need these Wednesday
Tips For preparing your food
1. Transfer your cooked food like your hot rice to backing sheet and let cool off before putting in fridge. This will help it cool off evenly, instead of in a large pot where the center stays hot too long.
2. Use paper town with your greens to keep moisture away
3. Use older eggs to hard boil they peel better
4. Chop your root veggies same size to promote same cooking times.
5. Not enough containers? Store in Large zip lock bags and write the name of the dish on the baggie. ( Example chopped bell peppers and onion and garlic is used for stir fry)
Do the same with your rice or cauliflower, pre grilled steak strips, raw beef strips or prawns. Which ever you decide to use.
Stir Fry – Steam your pre chopped Veggies, pan fry your grated cauliflower ( serving 1/2 – 1 Cup cooked). Use your pre grilled steak and slice into thin strips, or pan fry beef strips or prawns.
ONCE ITS ALL HEATED add Regan Approved Sesame ginger dressing ( found below on graphic)
NOTE: If you have not made your shredded chicken in the crock pot yet, place it in Tue AM so its ready for Tue dinner.
Stuffed Yams – Cut our already baked yams in half ( not all the way through), Mix 4 -5 oz ( per person) of shredded chicken in a bowl add 3 handfuls spinach mix this up and Add a tbsp of cottage cheese or goat cheese and bake in the oven until the yam is re heated. Top it with avocado
If helps if the yams are small size and ruffly the same size.
Sausage & root veggies – Cut up your pre grilled sausage, re heat in a large pot or pan pan with butter or coconut oil add already cooked root veggies . Add 1/2 cup stalk and 1 can diced tomato. Add any left over leafy greens to this. Leave on stove top until evenly heated or finish in oven.
Tonight !Take out your frozen pre made all beef patties or store bought ones and leave in fridge to thaw
Burgers – BBQ your patties eat on top salad, grilled portobello mushroom, or on roasted squash rounds. If you really want a bun I suggest using and open face ( only 1 bun) gluten free or sprouted grain options from Silver hills found in the freezer section. Add Goat cheese, & avocado
Use what ever toppings you like.
Enjoy with Kale chips
Egg Bake – 1 pan Simple & fast
This one is my favorite go to quick meal
Pre heat your oven 350 – Using an oven safe pan ( cast iron or stainless steel) heat cooking fat ( butter or coconut oil) add any left over chopped veggies you want . Heat it up, add 6 eggs mixed with 1/2 cup dairy free milk of choice. Add salt / pepper and pour on top of mixture in pan. Add leafy greens and bake in oven for 12 minutes.
Double recipe if you have a big family ( not enough eggs no worries add left over cooked meat to it with less egg)
Enjoy with a side of bacon or avocado or cottage cheese
Whole Roasted Chicken – or pre cooked from deli at your grocery store. With Yam fries ( – Pre buy cut and use instructions on package). These are found in the produce section or freezer section ( READ THE INGREDIENTS! YAMS is the only ingredient you want) AND pick up a slab of fresh NOT farmed salmon keep in fridge you will eat this Sunday.
Eat with a side salad & home made regan approved salad dressing from Yuri Elkaim
Lemon Rosemary Salmon by Balanced Bites – with any left over veggies you have made into a salad with quinoa or rice and any of the above salad dressings.